Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Olive Oil's A Triple Threatening Treat


(Simple Olive Oil Garlic Toast)


I'm no expert at all on the benefits of certain foods and reading more each day to further my vegan conscious mind.
One factor, I'm currently studying is the healthy aspects of oils such as grapeseed, coconut, sesame, and the highly recommended olive oil.
The main staple of the Mediterranean diet craze, I do believe that olive oil is a glorious eighth world wonder.
I use it frequently in beauty and cooking.


Two good body products I use are The Body Work's Pomegranate Body oil ($4.99 clearance at Ulta Beauty Store) and Mama Mio's Boob Tube ($30 shipped on eBay) which both contain a hefty amount of good oils, including olive.
After showers or baths, I slather this all over, letting it sync in with slightly towel dried skin and a lotion. Right now I'm using Say Yes to Carrots, which unfortunately isn't vegan due to beeswaw and am shopping around for a new brand.
Boob Tube is specially formulated for boobs and neck area, but sometimes I do use it on my face as a moisturizer.


On wash/condition days, I use Carol's Daughter's Black Vanilla line.
The Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo ($13.50 Cachet G) doesn't contain olive oil, but the thick, rich Black Vanilla Smoothie Conditioner ($20 Cachet G) certainly does.
Created with chemically treated hair in mind, the Black Vanilla Smoothie Conditioner is another product that I'll have to switch up, but it does work exceptionally well at making hair soft and manageable.


I was in a bit of a rush.
Being famished, I wanted to make a quick, easy dinner!
So with just these five ingredients- olive oil, garlic, soy ground, Muir Glen Fire Roasted Stewed Tomatoes, and Daiya Mozzarella sprinkles, I made sloppy joes!


No need for ketchup, this sweet and tangy dish turned out amazing!
With crisp romaine lettuce on top and thick cut whole wheat bread that handled the "beefy" sloppy mess, it took only five minutes to make and even less to eat!
A very delicious dinner or lunch that is all too simple.


Olive oil is also a part of another night regime.
To keep my dry, natural hair moist a handful of it always does the trick!
See these fat twists were thirsty for the EVOO love and I was more than happy to oblige!
After the doing this, I decided to make a sweet dessert cake to showcase how amazingly versatile olive oil can be.
The results were decadent, chocolaty and, oh so moist.
It's called Chocolate Banana Olive Oil Coconut Cake and the recipe is the subject of the next blog post! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the sloppy joe! I think that being a vegetarian/vegan is great because it takes such a short amount of time to whip up a meal whereas cooking meat can take more time. How do you like Daiya cheese? Does it take like real cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sloppy joes are fantastic, flexible kind of dish! You can use any blend of spices and tomato sauces. Like a lot of dishes, it does take less time than actual meat. On the other hand, Daiya is very delicious! It melts well and tastes like a spin on cheese. Love putting it in dishes where real cheese was boss. Pretty pricey, but I'm on the hunt for coupons, lol.

    ReplyDelete