Saturday, January 28, 2017

Cinnamon Snail

Doughnuts and miniature cakes topped with cookies are just some of the wonderful creations offered at Cinnamon Snail. 
At last, I finally experience the beloved buzzed about former food truck turned hit restaurant near Madison Square Garden-- the infamous Cinnamon Snail located at Pennsy. If one gets there early, they have goodies such as fresh outta the oven cinnamon rolls and glazed doughnuts.
I arrived around dinner time, anxious to eat something wonderful before a huge show opening in Chelsea, wanting to dine somewhere new. Cinnamon Snail-- a place I heard about through many vegan grapevines-- was only a thirty minute walk from my location (I was reading at the Mid-Manhattan Library like a true bonafide nerd). Hunger was ignited by titillating thought of yummy vegan comfort food. This provided pep in my step, pumping up the
The behind-the-counter ladies were nice, but a customer (obviously a frequent regular) made my smile wider. She recommended every single thing in sight, exclaiming that the lavender-pear turnover was her most favorite. From coconut coated to maple bacon to tempeh sandwiches, I must say that the menu made decisions a long and difficult process.
Still, I am happy with what my order and will likely return to try out the rest.
Cinnamon Snail is a yummy place, a vegan haven. The food alone is pure pleasure.

Doughnuts!
With choices like seitan tarts and raspberry and cheese danishes, I admit to having a difficult time choosing. With mouthwatering temptation resting behind the glass, teasing and tantalizing my overwhelming hunger, I simply just wanted to devour everything in sight like a human vacuum cleaner.  I wish everyone knew how amazing veganism can be, especially at a place like Cinnamon Snail. They're making delicious things happen.
Cute doughnuts meet cookies galore! I purchased one of these adorable piglet cookie doughnuts for a birthday girl! (Wow, she shares the day with the great Elijah Wood awesome!)
This is the Beastmode Burger Deluxe-- an exceptional, thick cut ancho chili seitan burger featuring jalapeño macaroni & cheese, arugula, smoked chili coconut bacon, and chipotle mayo on a grilled pretzel bun. Easily one the most incredible vegan burgers ever eaten in my life. Just downright amazing!
It was huge, spicy, and fulfilling on many, many levels. The seitan juicy, the mac n cheese firm, creamy, and oh so cheesy, and the warm pretzel bun soft and tender-- all components necessary for an out-of-this-world experience. The coconut bacon and arugula added a delightful bonus to this messy, delightful sandwich-- which was a challenge to eat due to massive, intimidating size. Still, hands down-- a terrific burger! I highly recommend. Funnily enough, I met another vegan who sat across from me-- also eating a Cinnamon Snail burger. She gave me a list of other nearby restaurants to try out. I was so thrilled to have met her! I can't wait to try out these new places and share with you all.
This is the tasty, sensational lemon curd doughnut.
Its crusty, sweet, and divine on the outside.
Yet inside is an oozing, delectable middle of luscious lemon curd-- all creamy and zesty-- the stuff of wonderful citrus dreams!
For a lovely morning after treat, I ate this incredibly flaky pink lady apple turnover.  The filling was a tasty combination of chopped apples, cinnamon, and other spices. It made for an absolutely splendid breakfast. 

4 comments:

  1. That little piglet doughnut is soooo adorable! And i will dream of your burger for forever! The lemon curd doughnut is right up my alley too! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My friend enjoyed the cookie doughnut-- very cute I agree. The burger was definitely a satisfying carb overload! :)

      Delete
  2. It's my dream to go to Cinnamon Snail! The little piglet is so cute. I didn't even know that cookie/donut hybrids existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend!!!! I'm sooooo happy to finally get to try it out. Food is excellent! Cookie doughnut hybrids must continue on. The tradition is much too sweet. :)

      Delete