Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vegan Mofo 2014 Day 7: Earth Balance's Blue Box Vegan White Cheddar Mac & Cheese

Look what I found!!!!
I've got a story. A lovely story.
Some days Whole Food has got it all like the most popular kid in school. Other days it doesn't. Like now the location I most frequent no longer sells Earth Balance Aged Vegan White Cheddar Puffs or the Buttery Flavored Popcorn. Maybe they're on back stock. Maybe the popularity was too much to handle. Either way,  I mourned for a while. That was until I spied the Earth Balance Mac & Cheese. The one in the blue box. They were all out of the orange- the Kraft like cheddar version. Oh how my sadness magically turned into quick infectious joy at finally getting to try the new infamous treasure that has vegans all over going hog wild.

I have a fondness for reading boxes. Especially cereal and mac boxes.
I only added spinach. No butter, no milk. Just spinach.
Once again, Popeye would be quite proud and ask for a fork.
Closer upper.
I really enjoyed this! Seriously, it has the flavor of their irresistible cheese puffs in a hot lickety split meal ticket to gold medal victory. Creamy, rich, and oh so familiar from the noodle shape down to the white packet, this is the perfect cheat sheet mac for those in a rush. Plus it's an easy fix for a busy college student looking for a little gourmet action without the time fuss. At $3, so much cheaper than buying Daiya, raw cashews (and waiting for babies to soak), tahini, and all those other fantastic ingredients we vegans buy to craft our beloved unique macaroni and cheese creations. I know that adding "butter" and milk would have added extra flare and mimic real mac to a t, I must say that just leaving a little bit of water and stirring in the fine powder made it good enough.
I wasn't the only one who enjoyed this semi-naked (she added Upton's Seitan Bacon*c'mon Whole Foods cough* to hers!), check out Kohlrabi And Quince's review of Earth Balance's awesome mac & cheese. Then go buy yourself a box or two or three.
I'll just be looking out for the orange box whilst buying up all the blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment