Friday, February 17, 2012

First Vegan Pizza of 2012

Super excited about that previously mentioned vegan pizza dough from Dorothy Lane Market, I couldn't wait to make a pizza, one of which I hadn't had since ordering that Domino's fiasco from two months ago- such a mess! Glad I no longer order that kind of take out.
When I took out the pizza dough from the fridge, it unexpectedly rose and filled up the small container, but I flattened it out and laid it onto an olive oil greased cookie sheet.
Now the fun part.
Adding the toppings!!!
After spreading olive oil love to the dough, I placed spoonfuls of Red Gold's Basil, Oregano, and Garlic Diced Tomatoes, laid a few spinach leaves, sliced chunks of portabella mushrooms, a smidgen of soy ground, red onions, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and a marvelous topping of Daiya cheddar.
Into the oven it went for about 18 minutes on 425 degrees.

Meaty overload of the colossal vegetable pizza.
Tasted very yummy, but next time will roll the dough more and more. It rose to epic proportions, a bit thicker than I wanted it, but overall the flavors blended supremely well.
Plus I would love to attempt making dough from scratch and use pizza sauce for next experiment.
Oh mighty pizza, I missed you!
*bows gracefully*




No comments:

Post a Comment