Sunday, December 23, 2012

Vegan Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Unhealthy Version)

The best pick me up after a holiday snafu! 
Bah humbug.
Well, the planned Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins didn't turn out appropriately tonight.
Foolishly thinking that using fresh cranberries would be a great addition to the batter and trying one out after they were baked, I was disgusted by the overall taste.

These will be better tomorrow. I promise!
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
I tossed out the garbage and plan on reworking these tomorrow night using dried fruit.
Other than that, with the kitchen an absolute pigsty on Christmas Eve Eve, I desired a little pumpkin flavored drink to get me through the messy clean up duties. A nonalcoholic, super sweet version that would hype up lackluster energy and make the scatterbrained mind temporarily forget all about that little muffin catastrophe.
After all, making muffins tomorrow night on top of the macaroni & cheese, turkey-less roast, & cranberry sauce was not something I wanted to dwell on.
Anyways this milkshake was delicious!
Mmmmhmmmm, I love me some pumpkin dessert! Spiced just the way I needed it, this was the guilty party in the mug treat.
But don't worry, a much healthier version of this delicious milkshake will be posted at another date and time.

Vegan Pumpkin Spice Milkshake

1 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon orange extract
pinch of shredded coconut (optional)

Just mix all ingredients into a blender and enjoy in a glass or mug.
I kept mine reasonably thick and ate it with a spoon.
Just what the good vegan doctor ordered!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment