Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Unconfidental Purple & Black Summer Box Braids Files

Purple is in the air! Happy summer!
These beautiful braids were done on May 27, 2015 by the lovely women of Matilde's African Braiding Salon in Philadelphia. That was the first time I had five women simultaneously braiding my hair. What an experience!
The summer purple braids have been a hit so far! I have getting lots of sweet compliments on the streets, the subway, the bus, online. The shocking swirl of my favorite immersed in the real authentic color of my natural hair has truly influenced even my fashion style. Still rummaging through thrift shops such as favorites Philly Aids Thrift and Goodwill have proven to enhance artistic funky style sense. Plus the retro purple spectacles play a key role. I have barely worn my prescription contact lenses and that's a rare feat!
Thanks to Journey to Waist Length, I found a great way to cleanse my scalp. I've put some Kinky Curly in a spray bottle and once a week, I spray and massage my scalp, rinse, and condition with Shea Moisture's Moisture Therapy (also in a spray bottle). Afterwards, I put Jamaican Castor Oil and coconut oil through scalp and strands. Plus spray on Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir Sheen Spray.

Straw fedora hats and art making in the studio whilst staying chic and true.
And traveling is never a boring venture with happy-go-lucky selfies and electric purple flair.
Music listening turns and pumps up the volume. 
Next to hair confidence and Hurraw tinted black cherry lip balm, I have been loving and cherishing the opportunity to dress the part of shapely body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment