Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Creamy Coconut Polenta Part 100

Served with gardein's amazing Golden Fishless Filets, Creamy Polenta Part 100 has it all.
I'm making it a goal to rely on cooking with water instead of oil. In fact, I would rather use the oils for my hair and body. It's mighty expensive buying two coconut oil jars and two olive oil bottles every so often-- my hair thirsting for it more.
Although healthiness is key (very very soon), this recipe falls by the wayside thanks to Trader Joe's Coconut Cream- rich and extra thick and yes-- full fat. It adds oomph to my usual polenta dinner, melting into the pot like the perfect vegan cheese. I call this a 100th version because I've made so many creamy polentas that 100 must be the number we're at on the blog. Next to mac n cheese, polenta is way up on the I Have A Lot of Versions of This One Recipe.
After the polenta is cooked (with my favorite vegetable- broccoli), I smash it with the back of a spoon into the water (don't fully drain) and the guilty as sin coconut cream. Gotta love that instant mashed potato presentation. I relished its lush creaminess, lapping it up with crisp pan seared gardein. Funnily enough, I discovered one does not need to oil the pan to fry the fish free meat alternative. Thank heaven for that.

Creamy Coconut Polenta Ingredients and Preparation

1 cup water
1/2 Trader Joe's Polenta, chopped
1/2 cup broccoli, frozen (or any vegetable, your personal favorite)
1/3 cup Trader Joe's Coconut Cream
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Bring water and polenta to a boil. Add broccoli (or any other frozen vegetable) and cook for an additional eight minutes.
Drain.
Stir in coconut cream, red onion, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, and black pepper.
Serve hot.

A simple meal ready in less than fifteen minutes.
Like mashed potatoes, but possibly guiltier.

No comments:

Post a Comment