Sunday, November 30, 2014

Daiya's Fire Roasted Vegetable Pizza

Talk about a delicious surprise.
Happy last day of November! The month seemed to sweep by fast. It just came and drove off with lightning speed.
Alas our little wonderful Dayton vacation is over. Saw my family and my sweet friends. Such a special slew of unforgettable memories acquired in a course of seven days.
I tried Daiya frozen pizza for the first time. I'm sure every vegan has eaten or wanted to eat them.  I'm here to egg on curiosity. They were on sale at Kroger for $7.19. So of course I had to pick one. Between Cheese Lovers, Mushroom & Roasted Garlic, and Fire-Roasted Vegetable I went with the latter. Monstrously pleased with amazingly cooked end results. Thin crust was flavorful, chewy consistency, minor delicate crunch. Not bland or overly salty. That I enjoyed. Sweet, savory tomato sauce base blended marvelously with delicious melted Daiya signature mozzarella and generous amount of peppers and onions. It wasn't even as greasy as the delivery pizzas of old. Just a terrific balance of layered ingredients and a hearty crust strongly holding satisfaction together. Cannot wait to try other flavors.
The only problem was that I couldn't find two other people to share with.
Ate the whole thing in one sitting. And feel no shame. 
Bravo Daiya! Excellent addition to an already impressive arsenal of vegan products.

Used the bake on cardboard method and it came out splendid!
Slice one.
Perfect.Anxious to try the other ones!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to put this on my list of things to try. Tell me more about this cardboard method!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth trying J! And believe me I've had some horrid vegan experiences lately-- food wise. Total waste of money. Anyway, the cardboard method is simply taking pizza from plastic and baking it directly on the oven rack with cardboard pizza came on. :)

      Delete