Saturday, November 17, 2012

Vegan Faux Banana Split Mini Sundae

Sugar induced heaven for one.
It's almost the big feast day in exactly 6 days, but a banana split craving has been sweeping my mind for a while. It may be chilly out, the autumn is paving way for winter, and my shoulder still has those ugly red bruises from hauling heavy grocery totes filled with pantry stocking for me and Olivia, I still wanted an ice cream related treat.
Crazy right?
Though while getting my ingredients together as Pieces Of April played (yes, the turkey scenes almost had my stomach retching, but overall I still enjoyed other parts of that film!), the only thing missing from my sundae was the cherries.
Why couldn't the season last longer for this dessert?
Would frozen cherries do justice the next go round?
Who knows.

A few ingredients make this uber sweet dessert!
 Vegan Faux Banana Split Mini Sundae

1 medium chopped banana (at yellow brown ripened stage)
2 scoops vegan ice cream (So Delicious Cookies & Cream Coconut Milk Ice Cream is pictured)
2 tablespoon Peanut Butter & Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
1 handful Sunspire Fair Trade 42% Cacao Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 handful chopped walnuts

First place banana slices on the bottom (if desiring a little extra pizzazz sprinkle ground cinnamon on top!), add the 2 generous scoops of yummy coconut milk ice cream, the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and the walnuts! If you find a cherry someplace, that would be the perfect topper.
But there are no cherries here so eating it as is! :D

Yum. Yum. Yum. Come & get some!
I must warn folks that this is very, very sweet.
Maybe too sweet.
So if the chocolate craziness is tickling your fancy and making your nerves dance the jig on the kitchen or living room table while you're trying to calmly watch a Thanksgiving indie film by all means switch the ingredients around. Substitute So Delicious Cookies & Cream Coconut Milk Ice Cream for Vanilla or Peanut Butter & Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter for Old Fashioned and so on.
As for me, I took ate the chocolate like a true chocoholic champion.
And honestly, I'm having another one after dinner tomorrow.
Don't judge me! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment