Saturday, November 16, 2013

Virtual Vegan Potluck: Vegan Miniature Pumpkin Cheddar & Broccoli Pancakes

What? Pumpkin, cheddar, & broccoli underneath that maple syrup? Vegan? Get outta town!

Hello! Hello fellow vegans, animal lovers, enthusiasts, and curious revelers!

Welcome to another delicious edition of Virtual Vegan Potluck hosted by the awesome folks of Vegan Bloggers Unite! Don't plan on doing anything this fine Saturday. Just settle right in, kick back, and travel all around the world. Visit different blogs that are destined to entice eye and make taste buds water on a marvelous journey through appetizers, drinks, breads, entrees, desserts, and more.
Start right here and see all 140+ VVP Participants!
Today, I'm participating in the Breads category and have prepared these amazing scrumptious savory pumpkin laced mini pancakes.Yes. Yes. I know. It's the third pumpkin centric recipe in a row, but I do so love it. Here these itty bitty babies (only small to be guilt freer) is paired with mighty mild flavored cheddar and broccoli and tastes good with tempeh breakfast strips.

Vegan Pumpkin Cheddar & Broccoli Miniature Pancakes

1 teaspoon vinegar
3/4 non-dairy milk
1 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup non-dairy milk
6 slices Daiya cheddar (yes, I used the sandwich style slices- cheating yes)
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 1/2 cup broccoli, cooked
olive oil

Mix non-dairy milk and vinegar. Set aside and let curdle.
Stir together dry ingredients.
In a medium skillet blend other milk portion with cheddar slices and maple syrup.
Add broccoli & simmer.
Stir pumpkin into the curdle mixture and blend with dry.
Add cheesy broccoli mixture.
Place a few drops of olive oil onto a hot skillet and pour about 2-3 tablespoons of batter. Flip over when edges bubble.
Watch the goods stack up.
Cheesy pumpkin broccoli goodness supermodel closeup.
Syrup time?
Oh yes.....
Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog! Come back at any time.
Now on with the rest of the day's vegan food festivities!
To go back and experience Oh My Potluck's Bat Of Of Hell Beetloaf go here.
To move forward to Yup It's Vegan's Beet Rye Bread go here.

29 comments:

  1. This is so unique! I love the broccoli-cheddar combination. And I'm sure pumpkin goes well with that, too! ...I like to think pumpkin goes well with almost everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you!!! I have been such a huge pumpkin fiend lately. Might actually need to be in a five steps program, lol.

      Delete
  2. Very creative! I love the bite-size size. I'd probably eat like 10. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! I knew if they were made any bigger, I would eat a lot more. With them smaller, I feel less guilty! ;)

      Delete
  3. P.s you have both the same links for the blog behind and in front of yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janyce! It looks like your permalink was a bit different than the one I was originally sent, but I've changed it now in my post so that it links correctly to yours. When you get the chance you can update your 'go forward' link as well. I'm sorry about the mixup!

    The pumpkin/broccoli/cheddar combo is very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did! I did! Everything is fixed now. Whew!
      Pumpkin, cheddar, and broccoli are just a few of my favorite things you know... :D

      Delete
  5. Suddenly I'm seeing myself wrapping these around some tempeh bacon…

    Thank you for bringing something yummy to the Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I think I will make tempeh bacon just to serve that purpose!
      Thank you Annie for all that you continue to do twice a year! SO amazing!! :)

      Delete
  6. Here's the link for Yup, It's Vegan (GoForward):
    http://yupitsvegan.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/beet-rye-bread/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they look lovely, if only I could get Daiya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Awww. You cannot score any Daiya? Well, I'm sure any vegan alternative cheese would be just s great. I'd love to make these again with homemade cashew cheese! :D

      Delete
  8. Nothing wrong with using those fine daiya slices they sound ridiculously good with broccoli and the addition of pumpkin is a nice twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks. I thought it would have been more appropriate to use the wedges or shreds, but yes, those slices were just as good. I would definitely make these again!

      Delete
  9. Yum!!! These look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Just had leftovers for breakfast and they still retain that moist, delicate crispness. Mmmmhmmm!!! :)

      Delete
  10. I've never gone the savoury pancake route, but broccoli, cheese and throw in some breakfast strips? Now there's something I can get down with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must! Savory pancakes are too good! I usually make a special kind of syrup for them, but plain ole maple syrup is just as good! And adding breakfast trips- yes!!!

      Delete
  11. You can never go wrong with the broccoli-cheddar pairing, in my opinion. The addition of pumpkin takes it to another level though! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Broccoli cheddar is always an amazing combo. I agree. Pumpkin does take it to another level- a very, very yummy one! :)

      Delete
  12. Happy Virtual Vegan Potluck! How cute, these mini savory pancakes are a must to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there girlie! Happy Virtual Vegan Potluck to you too! And thank you so much. I ate only 4-5 mini cakes a day. So deliciously worth making!!!

      Delete
  13. This is so fun and I love Annie's idea of wrapping them around tempeh bacon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm savoury pancakes. These sounds wonderful for a Sunday morning brekki!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great addition to the potluck - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never had a savory pancake, can you believe it? I love broccoli and cheese though and pancakes too, so I am sure this would be delectable. Happy VVP!

    ReplyDelete