Sunday, November 1, 2015

World Vegan Day Creamy Mixed Vegetable Soup

All the veggies in one bowl.
Happy November and Happy World Vegan Day! Also, did you set your clocks back? That extra sleep felt so wonderful this morning. Funnily enough, however, I did wake up at 5:54 AM which would have been 6:54-- a mere six minutes before my two alarm clocks usually beep together.
For today's recipe I cannot help remembering the blender explosion. That seems to happen a lot. I'm naturally clumsy. It's a gifted trait to be honest. I had taken the blender off and accidentally opened the wrong part of its bottom, spilling scalding liquid everywhere including my hand. Let's just say ot was the very definition of the phrase "a hot mess." The photographed beautiful green soup is what was managed to be rescued in the aftermath. I held back a tear as most of my hard work sank inside the kitchen sink garbage disposal.
Mixed Vegetable Soup may have come with a disaster story, but still the best part is the delicious taste-- the reaping of a worthwhile effort. Rich, creamy consistency brings an air of supreme satisfaction and warm joy to the devourer. Frankly that is all one asks in a soup.

Creamy Mixed Vegetable Soup Ingredients and Preparation

2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup lentils
4 large carrots, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cup broccoli
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of salt (or Liquid Aminos)
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast


Bring water, vegetable broth, veggies, turmeric, cumin, basil, oregano, garlic, paprika, black pepper and salt to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes-- covered (keep checking though, veggie water likes to boil over even at lowest heat setting). Pour into a blender and liquify.
Top with nooch and eat.





2 comments:

  1. Aw, I've had a number of blender explosions too. Once, I over-filled my blender with hot corn chowder, and it exploded all over the walls, the counters, myself. UGH. What I salvaged was tasty though. That soup looks so healthy and detoxifying!! Lots of green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bianca! The explosion was quite a mess. I'm always happy to hear other people's kitchen mishaps. Makes me feel not so quite alone in my clumsiness. I might wanna make corn chowder sometime. Sounds so good right about now....

      Delete