Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vegan Guilty Pleasure Lover's Pizza: Veggie Palooza With Avocado Cashew Cream & Lemon Pepper Crust

It's like an edible abstract painting. A Kandinsky of some sort disguised as pizza palooza.
Ideas seem to come out of nowhere when forgetting traditional ingredients. A certain someone knew she would be making pizza this weekend and somehow forgot to buy Italian Seasonings at the last grocery store run. Speaking of which they charged me almost $4 for cherries when I didn't buy any cherries! Those brutes! Why do I always look at my receipts three days later....?
Well, I had cumin, coriander, turmeric, and all those other great spices, but that curved orange capped glorious Mrs. Dash looked at me straight in the face. I never thought to use her in pizza, let alone a crust, and figured what can go wrong!
It tasted fantastic- that citrus flavor is definitely a gold medal winner! Such a surprisingly albeit unique yum!
Piled high with leftover avocado cashew cream and Mount Veggie (heehee!), this is easily one of the most delicious vegan pizzas ever had the pleasure of making. No need for extra non-dairy cheeses for this keeper- the cream more than stands up to double duty as sauce and melted goodness.
So maybe it isn't always bad running out of Italian Seasonings every once in a while. It's become a recipe crutch that needs lesser leaning on. This time around, I also cut my usual homemade dough in half; favoring a thinner crust. Now officially brainstorming on what to make with it...

Veggie Palooza With Avocado Cashew Cream & Lemon Pepper Crust Ingredients and Preparation

Look at that baby rise! Mmmhmmm.

Lemon Pepper Dough

1 cup warm water
2 teaspoon sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
2 teaspoon lemon pepper (used Mrs. Dash)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cup flour
3 tablespoon olive oil

Mix water, sugar, and yeast. Set aside for ten minutes.
Add lemon pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
Gradual add flour one cup at a time.
While kneading massage in olive oil.
Place dough into an oiled bowl and cover for an hour.
Cut it in half.
Roll out one portion, but cover and refrigerate the other.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

Pizza ingredients

1/2 cup Avocado Cashew Cream
2 cup spinach
1/2 cup steamed broccoli
1/2 cup mushroom slices
4 small bell peppers, sliced
red onion slices
1 additional teaspoon lemon pepper
dash of salt

Stretch dough onto oiled or parchment papered pizza pan.
Layer on the avocado cashew cream. (Where on earth did those stripes come from???!)
Layer on the veggies. Sprinkle lemon pepper & salt.
Bake for 18-25 minutes. Yes, I know. The oven needs cleaning. Ha!
Ready to eat & colorful as can be!
Slices of heaven.














3 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmmmm ... this one's going on my TBB list! (To Be Baked)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! Awesome!!! Hope you love it as much as I did. Thank you. :D

      Delete
  2. I am Lover of pizza. I like it during the cold season. I like your pizza designing and also your post. Thanks for share with us. I am a editor in New Yorker,LA. You can follow me at https://twitter.com/nychalf

    ReplyDelete