Monday, July 17, 2017

Yummy Sushi Smorgasbord At Hana

Who knew one could be fully satisfied from two kinds of sushi?
On New York City's lower east side, among puffed gray clouds promising rain, I walked past Hana on Rivingston Street three times before entering dimly lit establishment. For starters, I'm not sure where I believed that sushi couldn't be qualified as early dinner. Maybe because sushi is generally small and cute chopped veggies wrapped around rice, the bad rep decided that that wasn't enough food.
Hana has a an earthly color palette, warm brown hues coating polished tables and floors. The music was kept at a ginger tone, allowing people to have normal conversation and eat with relish. 

Hana has a special vegan menu featuring Forbidden Rice. Items like Shitake Mushroom Sushi, Baked Tofu Sushi, and Carrots Sushi sounded quite exceptional, but I went for the Asparagus Sushi (organic black, brown and red grain rice with asparagus, avocado, and spicy vegan mayo) and Sweet Potato Roll (my personal favorite).
Beautiful sushi, served on this elegant black bar, was off the charts delicious. I loved the spicy mayo is this my beloved Just Mayo?) over the Forbidden Rolls blending with rich creaminess of the avocado and crunchy asparagus.
To die for sushi.... I will definitely come again. Hana is a chic spot with friendly service, eclectic lighting, and excellent food.

No comments:

Post a Comment