Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Violife Blueberry After Dinner Cheese Review

Pockets of teeny tiny blueberries are packed tight into a block of creamy mild vegan cheese.
Remember that time so long ago that I visited the all vegan grocery in Paris, Une Vegan Monde?
Well, I finished the cheese off weeks ago and find myself craving this unique treasure. I didn't believe that fruit in a cheese would taste as amazing as Violife crafted. This is a soy, nut, and palm free cheese, which is great considering that most vegan cheeses do have palm oil.
Months prior, I had tried Violife's original block, a purchase from Vegan Marks the Shop. Violife's Blueberry After Dinner Cheese combines a burst of sweet, irresistible berries with the original recipe, letting flavors mingle along, not making it a sugared, unruly mess. This is an exceptionally delicious creation, definitely in my top favorites. I wish that I could have more. Sadly, through my research of various online vegan stores, the Violife Blueberry After Dinner Cheese is seemingly impossible to get shipped to the states-- only available in the UK.
For now, I have the pleasant memories, still sharp in mind and tongue, dreaming that one sweet, kind friend will mail me a package or two in a care package.
Or maybe, I'll find some yummy Violife Blueberry Goodness in Berlin....  

I had packed cheese, Dave's Killer Thin-Sliced Bread in 21 Whole Grains and Seeds with Clearbrook Farms Blueberry Preserves. The banana, although good and super brown spotted, has nothing to do with the sandwiches. 

On one side of bread, I generously spread on the blueberry preserves.

Sweet, sophisticated sandwiches.

Perfect. (with banana).

4 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks wonderful. I can't wait to try to find this cheese when I get back to the UK. Good luck finding it in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I hope you find the cheese too. It's sooooo good and well worth the search. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm on the fence about cheese and fruit together, but you're really selling this - I think I'd be bold enough to give it a try! I hope you manage to find some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! They have a cranberry version too. I wasn't gung ho about that combination, but after the blueberry it is definitely something that I am willing to try. It's such a great brand. And thank you. I hope to find it again someday too.

      Delete