Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Stuffed Bell Peppers


You know how you've had an idea stuck in your head for weeks, but you're too busy to make time? That was me. I wanted to make stuffed bell peppers for a while now.
Unfortunately, I got around it a little too late, having to discard a yellow bell pepper thanks to my cooking procrastinating.
I salvaged the two left (red and green) with a yummy blend of black rice, tempeh, and walnut cream sauce. And not only did I accomplish my original thought, I filmed parts of my process (rather comically). Please watch the YouTube video here and laugh at my mistakes.

Stuffed Bell Peppers Ingredients and Preparation

1 1/2 cup black rice
olive oil
tempeh, chopped
red onion
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Walnut Cream Sauce

1 cup walnuts
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of lemon juice or white vinegar (optional)

large bell peppers, remove tops and seeds

*Make walnut cream sauce ahead of time. Soaked walnuts are drained and blended with nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice or vinegar.

Prepare black rice to package directions.
In a skillet, combine tempeh with olive oil, red onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric, salt, coriander, and black pepper. Pan seared on all sides.
Mix tempeh with black rice. Add walnut cream sauce.
Pour filling inside opened bell peppers.
Bake for 20-30 minutes.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I wanna make some stuffed peppers BUUUUUUTT... it's too hot! T____T I am pumped for this cooler weather coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I understand that notion. I certainly look forward to October weather and it's coming up so soon.

      Delete