Monday, April 1, 2013

The Liebster Award

Afro Vegan Chick's latest honor.
Happy April Fool's Day! Play any pranks on people? Did you get pranked?
Well, today is no joke. I've received an adorable prestigious memento and cannot be happier. These are always fun- including a new badge AND answering all kinds of questions which allows readers to get to further know their favorite bloggers as well as learn about other blogs to find delicious recipes that cater specific lifestyles. 
I would first and foremost love to kindly thank Emma of Bake Then Eat. She's nominated AfroVeganChick for this cutesy little sweet pink frosted Liebster Award and I appreciate her thoughtfulness to include my blog in a list of 11. It's just so wonderful that people care enough to not only read my blog, but take the time out to fully show their online support of it!
Now to all my chosen picks, as you know, with these beautiful recognitions comes rule and here they are:
  • Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you
  • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to pass the award to and mention them in your post. (this one was hard. some of my picks have more, lol)
  • Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
  • No tag backs.

11 Facts About Me

1. Before veganism, I hated cooking.
2. A lover of film, especially in a feminist point of view variety, I have recently been added to Bitch Flicks weekly writers contributers, starting this coming Friday! Whoooo hoo!!!
3. I love dancing alone in front of the large mirror at home.
4. I want to start walking Olivia, my little calico, via leash this summer!
5. On my journeys to Pathways of Hope (my little pretty pond getaway spot), picnic baskets are always filled with a book and sandwiches.
6. I am persistently shouting that my book is almost finished, but eight years later, it is far from done! This saddens and frustrates me endlessly.
7.Wii Fit is too much fun!
8. Sometimes I think I bleed chocolate.
9. I watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy religiously.
10. I have lost a whopping 40 pounds since last year, but trying to gain back 15-20 of them.
11. Curves are sexy, but I hate my lips.

Emma's 11 Questions

1. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
To win a Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
2. Who is your favorite celebrity and what would you bake them?
I absolutely adore Days Of Our Lives actor, James Scott and would love to bake him a tray of vegan chocolate chip cookies!
3. What is your secret guilty pleasure?
Evening daydreaming beside fragrant lit candles.
4. Taken from Gemma – Why did you start blogging?
I started Afro Vegan Chick as a New Year's Resolution and it has become so much more!
5. How many baking websites / blogs do you have bookmarked in you web browser?
Only 5 right now. 
6. A healthy salad or a greasy bacon sandwich?
Well, I do love a good tempeh bacon sandwich, especially oozing with Daiya cheese....
7. Taken from Gemma – Favorite movie and book?
Penelope is my favorite film and Blacker the Berry by Wallace Thurman is my favorite book.
8. Favorite social network?
A dead tie between Pinterest & Twitter!!!
9. White, milk or dark chocolate?
Dark chocolate.
10. Which blog do you follow religiously?
Alice In Wonderland for natural hair insight/inspiration and Lunch Box Bunch for vegan recipe drooling/pinning!
11. If you could wish one household chore away, which one would it be?
Washing dishes!!!!

My Questions

1. Why did you become vegan?
2. What drives to wake up each morning?
3. What is your greatest triumph?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. Who is your favorite writer?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. What do you believe is your signature dish?
8.  Night or day lover?
9. If you could, how would change the world?
10. Where is one place in the globe would you love to visit?
11. What would you love to accomplish before you die?

And my nominees are.....

Camera Phone Vegan
Vegan Bloggers Unite
Vegan Miam
The Opinioness of The World
The Country Vegan
This Rawsome Vegan Life
An Unrefined Vegan
The Vegan Kat
but yes...i do eat potatoes 
Painted In Black
The Misfit Baker

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I loved reading your answers thanks for taking part and passing on the award to blogs you enjoy. You are right its a good little way to let your readers know a little more about you, as lets face it we are all a little nosey :)

    ReplyDelete