Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vegan Carrot Coconut Cake Pudding

My alma mater would appreciate me putting my graduation mug to good use!
Who doesn't love carrot cake? Yum! Yum! Yum!
Back in the old pre-vegan days, I lazily assumed that carrots being nestled inside cake meant it must be a much healthier option and excessively engorged on my chosen restaurant dessert.
Unfortunately that orange yummy goodness was often piled high in deathly over sugared cream cheese icing and little painted frosting carrots. 
Well, I created a less guilty, easy peasy recipe that skips the oven and heads straight into a bowl or mug flavored. Most of the traditional carrot cake (sorry cream cheese!) batter plus banana comes into a lovely creamy pudding with distinctive coconut texture added to the mix.

Vegan Carrot Coconut Cake Pudding Ingredients and Preparation

1 cup carrots, steamed and chilled
1/2 cup lite coconut milk, refrigerated
1/4 cup hazelnuts or walnuts, ground finely
1 ripened banana
2 teaspoon agave nectar (or 1/4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup dates)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon turmeric

Grind nuts into a blender or food processor.
Add softened carrots, coconut milk, and banana and puree it all together.
Whip in agave nectar, shredded coconut, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and turmeric.
Voila!

Rich, creamy, nutty, & sweet pudding that makes for a most yummy dessert!
A sprinkle of coconut & carrot pieces add flair. 




2 comments:

  1. I love making this tasty breakfast: it was divine! I loved it so much!
    MMMMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! It was definitely one of my favorite treats too! Thanks for trying it out and loving it, Sophie! You're awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete