Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Whole Wheat Pasta And Broccoli Lunch

Lunch With My 1st Izze- 70% fruit juice!
As you all may well know broccoli is indeed my favorite vegetable to eat!
Whether fresh, frozen, organic, or steamed, this dark green floret is definitely the highlight of any meal. I love it especially soft, hot, with a slight crunch, but oddly enough cannot stomach it raw.
Believe me, I've tried...
In the whole wheat pasta avenue, texture, taste, and cook period are slightly different from the cheaper cousin. It took me a while to get used to the flavor.
By enhancing it with herbs, spices, and various sauce blends,it's quite delicious.
I cooked it with the broccoli and they tenderize simultaneously.
Not a fan of al deinte, I enjoy firmness and a slightly chewy consistency when it comes to pasta.
And yummy- tastes just like Wheaties doused in pasta sauce.
Just kidding!

Light life loving.
I've tried other brands, but nothing tastes as good as Light Life. Seriously....
But that's just personal preference. 
This meaty blend of herbs is saucier than the sloppy joe skillet- with a chunky tomato sauce featuring olive oil, diced carrots, zucchini pieces, chopped red onions, minced garlic, and celery!
On medium heat, only takes three minutes tops to cook.

Leftover central!
It was hard to watch it all go into the fridge, but I have big plans for it along with baked sweet potato hash....
Tomorrow perhaps? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment