Sunday, October 22, 2017

Vegan Mofo Post #17: Macaroni With Butternut Squash & Avocado



The Libra days are leaving and the feeling leaves bittersweet sentiments. We have this last full week of October and next week is Halloween. I still haven't found the perfect green skirt for my mermaid "fin," but I'm sure to be close.
Also, I have been having the most wonderful time volunteering at the Philadelphia Film Festival. Just saw Greta Gerwig's first directed film, "Ladybird." It's so sad, profound, and excellent.

My friend canceled on the Paris trip. I am planning to go solo, staying at a popular hostel (we were going to split rent on an apartment), purchasing a 4-day Paris Pass, and mapping out my itinerary. Although not in October, these well-crafted plans are another belated birthday treat for me, a gift before the year is out. I think it's imperative to please wanderlust every once in a while, especially if manageable.
Today's recipe is one of happiness and pleasure. Not a true kind of mac n cheese. There's no soaked nuts, no nutritional yeast,, no dairy free cheese. Just the simple enjoyment of seasonal butternut squash puree and avocado becoming friends in a pretty bowl.

Macaroni With Butternut Squash & Avocado Ingredients and Preparation

1 1/2 cup macaroni
1 15 oz can Farmer's Market Organic Butternut Squash Puree
1/4 cup almond milk (or any other dairy free milk alternative)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 avocado, ripened
basil leaves to garnish
Bac N Bits (optional)

Prepare macaroni to package directions.
Drain and place macaroni back on stove, adding butternut squash puree, salt, turmeric, garlic, and black pepper.
Stir together, heating for 7-10 minutes while preventing macaroni from sticking to the pot.
Pour some mac into a bowl and top with avocado, basil, and bac n bits.





4 comments:

  1. The macaroni looks wonderful, and I'm glad your Paris plans are still going ahead, albeit a little changed. You'll have a wonderful time and eat some amazing vegan food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I'm sooooo excited about next month as the days move closer.

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing; I will definitely have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete