Saturday, August 3, 2019

Vegan Mofo 2019 Day #2: Angel Hair With Seared Carrot Dawgs


In the second Vegan Mofo post dedicated to Caribbean Cuisine, is a remix on Haiti's popular spaghetti which usually has hot dogs or fish as a topping. For my version, I used angel hair and chopped carrot dawgs-- a flavorful, delicious meal that takes some time, but is worth the end game.

Angel Hair With Seared Carrot Dawgs Ingredients and Preparation

8 large carrots, boiled and chopped

marinade
1/4 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave nectar or cane sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon garlic powder

2 tablespoon coconut oil

1 1/2 cup angel hair
2 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic
pinch of salt and black pepper
chopped green onions and dried white onion (optional)

After chopping softened carrots, soak them in the hand whisked marinade and let sit in these flavors for an hour or so. Overnight is also alright.
In a skillet, heat coconut oil and toss in carrot dawgs, stirring until each side is seared.
Prepare angel hair to package directions. Toss with tomatoes, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
Place seared carrot dawgs and green and white onion on top of angel hair. Serve warm.



8 comments:

  1. I love it when I find recipes that use hot dog that aren't american. This sounds like a great mix, using carrots instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I thought it was interesting to have hot dogs in spaghetti too. I originally was going to buy Smart Dogs or Field Roast, but carrots were a much cheaper alternative!

      Delete
  2. Carrot dogs are so fun; this dish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how creative! I don't typically like pasta (I know, I'm weird, ha!) but when I do eat it I enjoy angel hair the most! I've never tried carrot dogs but they sound so fun and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!!! That's surprising to hear you don't like pasta much, but it's solid that you enjoy angel hair (still a win). Carrot dogs are so yum!

      Delete