Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Single Awareness & Valentine's Day

I was uber excited for Single Awareness Day also known as Valentine's, knowing that I would be spending it watching a lot of romance flicks including my faves- "Chocolat," "Moulin Rouge," "Bridget Jones' Diary," and others in pajamas!
But a trip to Dorothy Lane Market- a ritzy upscale gourmet grocery store that at times have amazing deals and price mark downs was what I needed to fully prepare for the evening's dinner menu. (psyched about finding $2 hand tossed vegan dough! pizza for tomorrow's post maybe?)

I cooked the macaroni first until al deinte, worked in olive oil, a handful of Daiya cheddar shreds, a dash of mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and soy milk. After scooping into a mini ceramic baking pan, I added a mixture of flour, seasonings, olive oil, and extra cheese on top.
Gardein's Chick'n Scallopini filets are coated in Kikkoman's Panko Bread Crumbs, an Italian seasonings blend, salt, pepper, and olive oil before being placed on a greased cookie sheet next to macaroni and cheese.
Already precooked and grilled, the asparagus only took a few minutes in the microwave.
Dinner was amazing! Absolutely enjoyed the crunch of the chick'n. So crisp and flavorful.

Dessert, however, almost a complete disaster! Haha!
I honestly believe those ceramic baking pans are no good! No wonder they were fifty cents each.
Or perhaps I'm being way too hard on them.
I made an experimental mini cake comprised of flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cocoa powder, applesauce, dark chocolate peanut butter, vanilla coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, blueberries, and pieces of Lindt's 90% Supreme Dark Chocolate bar.
The best part of the catastrophe was the darn chocolate sauce- 6 Lindt squares, 20 blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk.

Strange thing- half of the cake was a great, yummy addiction.
I couldn't put it down, scaring the cat with my excessive moaning joy as I savored the indulgence. That burst of hot blueberries, melted dark chocolate pieces, along with that amazing warm sauce tasted absolutely incredible, like a major chocolaty orgasmic taste bud explosion.
I was dying from an aphrodisiac's pleasure as I consumed, happily eating and eating and eating...
Until then.....
The other part was a soggy, very custardly mess that even the largest spoonful of chocolate sauce couldn't save.
Oh well...
Sadly, I threw out the cake, a bit confused as to why it fell flat at the last few bites, but sauce, however, is worth saving.
Perhaps it would go well on breakfast/brunch waffles, fresh strawberries, and other treats!
Quite frankly, I could just eat it warmed up and alone.
It's that good!





No comments:

Post a Comment