Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Vegan Almond Joy Cookies

Chocolate, coconut, & almonds are in every bite of these delicious cookies!
Almond Joys were one of my favorite candy bars growing up.
That sweet chocolate covered coconut almond bliss danced on my taste buds and filled my heart with delicious happiness.
I had to mimic that feeling again- maybe even make it better.
Veganize the perfect blend of addictive chocolate, flaky coconut, and almond crunch.
I found the inspiration for my recipe here is originally by Sarah of peasandthankyou.
With ingredients like whole wheat flour, organic sugar, dark chocolate chips, agave, and almond butter, these are meant to be healthy bars. Adding and omitting items, I used it as an informative guide to create my cookies. Though the shape and taste remind me of macaroons, this adventurous nighttime baking excursion proved to be fun!
Hopefully someone else will enjoy these as much as I do.
It's great to share great eats and delicious treats! :)

Vegan Almond Joy Cookies

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup crushed almonds
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Peanut Butter and Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla soymilk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
A splash of So Delicious Special Edition Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a large cookie sheet.
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, stir peanut butter, applesauce, almond/vanilla extracts, soymilk, and olive oil.
Add it to the dry mixture. (If not evenly coated add a bit more milk).
Spoon onto cookie sheet.
Bake for 12-18 minutes.
This made 2 dozen cookies.

Can be eaten in less than 3 bites!
8th Continent's Plain Soy Milk was the perfect accompaniment to these borderline macaroons!

No comments:

Post a Comment