Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Very, Very Sweet Banana Cantaloupe Grape Smoothie

Well it wasn't that orange....
No sorbet today.
But this banana cantaloupe grape smoothie was pretty interesting.

Sweet Banana Cantaloupe Grape Ingredients

1 large ripened frozen banana
1 cup diced cantaloupe
14 seedless plump juicy cold green grapes
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup orange juice not from concentrate (I used Tropicana!)
4 extra grapes for garnish (optional)

4 of the 5 ingredients.
Banana is ice cold. Had been in the freezer for 2 days.
Prepared to be mixed fruits!
Blended and ready to drink.
Enough for one.
Very peculiar.
It's as though these flavors don't mesh and they try so hard to be perfect.
It was a "what have I created? Yes. No. Yes.  No. No way. YES! YES! YES!!!!!" Sort of emotional response.  
I loved that it tasted like a creamy, slightly frothy cantaloupe orange juice with REAL grapes and that the banana's purpose was to make sure the smoothie was cold.
Some people hate it, but I personally have become an avid fan of chewing on pieces of fruit in the middle of drinking. To me, it staples this punchline,"you're officially enjoying REAL fruit and not processed, corn syrup, artificial laboratory garbage." There were grape pieces almost throughout, but having plump juiciness covered in remainder of smoothie at the end- excellent! 
So what do I call these? Chunkies? The chunk-smooth? Or the smooth-chunky?
For now, I'm sticking with smoothie until someone tells me different.

No comments:

Post a Comment