Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy National Pancake Day: Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Raspberry Pancakes With Raspberry Maple Syrup

Excuse me as I doze off into bliss induced pancake coma.
Ever since I woke up, refreshed and happy inside humble Daytonian bed (no didn't go to sunny Florida, hot Jamaica, or the humid Bahamas for spring break), my mind was imagining a plate of fluffy, maple syrup drenched pancakes. I had no idea that it was National Pancake Day. Until I saw a scattered bunch of Twitter tweeted recipes on pancakes- from pumpkin to fruity indulgence, excited, hungry vegans and nonvegans exclaimed joys of such an occasion. IHOP even had their free all-you-can-eat pancakes too. I guess it was a mental urge on my part. Plus, at the breakfast hour, nothing is more fulfilling than pancakes.
For this recipe, I cheated. I committed adultery. At the grocery store (Kroger's yippee!!!), I browsed the flours, just wanting a small package. No luck. Maple Grove Farms' Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix caught my eye. That leaves me little fuss with baking soda and baking powder and extra jazz. Tart organic raspberries and Enjoy Life Foods Miniature Chocolate Chips add sweet spirit, bringing life to the conventional out of box creation. The perfect late late breakfast for dinner meal that would plant a smile on anyone's face. I certainly cannot stop grinning.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Raspberry Pancakes With Raspberry Maple Syrup Ingredients and Preparation

1 cup gluten free pancake mix
6 oz. So Delicious vanilla yogurt
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon raspberry extract

1/2 cup maple syrup
9 raspberries, chopped

For raspberry syrup: warm maple syrup and raspberries until syrup changes color and raspberries burst. About 7-9 minutes.

Heat up a small frying pan on medium high. 
Mix all ingredients together well.
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto pan.
Wait until all edges are browned before flipping over.
Repeat and plate.

Beautiful presentation.
Watch the extra chocolate chips melt from the scorching humidity of raspberry syrup. Now that's spring break defined.
Side view.
Feel free to share your pancakes with loved ones. Or imaginary friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment