Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Product Review: Trader Joes: Just The Clusters Chocolate Almond Granola Cereal

 
Chocolate Almond Granola Cereal brings on the bliss.
I still eat big gigantic bowls of cereal like my Saturday morning childhood self and feel ever thankful that I no longer have to race to get the first taste. When living and sharing with four other siblings, often times the best cereal would be long gone and the less sugary offerings would be available- the ones nobody wanted.
So I browsed through Trader Joes selection and they had Chocolate Almond all by itself in a large section, prompting heavy alert to any chocoholic's wandering eye. I checked the ingredients and bought a box immediately.
Inside of my large purple royalty bowl (a thrift shop buy for $1.50 at Philly's Circle Thrift!), I poured in Chocolate Almond cereal and 8th Continent Soy Milk, took a hefty bite and then another. Very sweet and crisp with just the right amount of chocolate goodness that makes the milk an instant certain brown goodness (unladylike, but yes I drink the cereal milk ya'll- can't let yumminess go to waste!). Cereal stayed crunchy throughout the end- a definite plus. The almond pieces counteract the chocolaty clusters, giving balance from the sugar, but I must say the flavor and texture reads more like a Cocoa Pebbles meets sliced nuts and not so much as granola. I had to look at the box again- granola? Are you sure? It's nothing at all like Love Crunch- which of course is an unfair comparison because that contains delicious dried fruit pieces.
To me, Trader Joes shouldn't have slapped granola on this one. It's Chocolate Almond Crunch and that's all.
Still, a great little dessert treat to eat straight out of the box or with dairy free milk (maybe I'll try a less sweeter one). Don't be like me and eat a big girl portion- unless you like that sort of thing.
One could have this for breakfast and be uber hyper at school/work or eat after dinner or during Saturday morning marathons of Jem and the Holograms psyched over not having to fight or cry over cereal with siblings.
This Chocolate Almond whatchamacallit is all mine.

It's just the clusters alright.
Giant almond slices act as lifeboats from the amazing chocolate heaven.
Warning: may become addicted!


7 comments:

  1. I gotta say, that looks seriously delicious... but I think for me it would me more of a snack than breakfast. We were never allowed to have sugar cereals when I was a kid, so somehow I never developed much of a taste for it. But, as an after-dinner dessert treat, hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amey, definitely a dessert kind of cereal! It was sooooo good, I ran out! Such a delicious treat for chocolate lovers. :D

      Delete
  2. (I'm reading all toe VeganMoFo posts made on September 3, my birthday - hahaha)

    I LOVE this granola SO SO MUCH! I usually just snack on it plain, probably only put milk on it once or twice - SO SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday Tofu Mom! I haven't even snacked on it plain, but I bet it would be just as yummy that way! It's divine!!!

      Delete
  3. (I'm reading all toe VeganMoFo posts made on September 3, my birthday - hahaha)

    I LOVE this granola SO SO MUCH! I usually just snack on it plain, probably only put milk on it once or twice - SO SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete